Cable Squats are known as compound exercise, which has a lot of beneficial factors for health. To maintain the lower body strength, this is considered as one of the best exercise by targeting glutes, hamstring complex, and quads. This also improves and builds inner body core strength too. Maintaining physical health is necessary, but sometimes squats are considered for destroying the knees. Our heath is the most important part of our life whether it is about maintaining mental health or physical health.
Fitness is one way to do that, as fitness regime not only improve your physical strength, it also improves your inner strength, which leads you straight to the mental health. Giving your time to maintain your fitness will build strong base for you to get up and join the schedule right away. Staying positive is the most important ‘mantra’ in your life, and fitness is the one way to do that. Well, there is one more important thing, as people usually get excited by the name of fitness or they get sleepy and tired feeling already. Either way you have to gain a proper knowledge and instruction about how or what way it is performed. Here, in this article you will have proper information about what it is and how it is processed to gain healthy life.
How to Perform a Cable Squat?
You have to stand in front of the cable machine and your feet should be width apart like shoulders with your feet facing forward direction. The attachment and cable should be low at your feet. Keep your shoulders back to prevent it from resting or you can say slouch along with engaging your core. Now you have to try to lower your body slowly by holding the attachment and bending the knees like you are about to sit down on a chair, which known as squatting motion. Your knees should be aligned with your toes (second and third), as it will protect your knees from any kind of stress.
This is the most important instruction that you have to keep your arms straight and do not bend them during the exercise. Now you have to squeeze your glute muscles till your knees are in full extension, as you slowly come back in first position. You can repeat this exercise as much as you feel comfortable, and for a limited pressure on body. The knees get back in proper transformation and form the stability in the knees, which provide the strength to the connective tissue in the knees, if performed with proper regulations. The squats can be a little tougher, and in case you are having trouble with squats, then you can include cable squats in your fitness schedule. Squat using cable machine as exercising with it are helpful in order to build your strength before turning your schedule towards cable squat rack.
What is the procedure of performing Barbell Squat?
You have to start this exercise by stepping up to the bar and standing on your feet by matching the little extra width of your shoulder. The next step will be pointing your toes, a little bit outward than pointing your toes forward. This process will allow your waist down area to open up while you are coming back to the position of squatting, which stops the range and depth of motion. In this position you have to look straight forward, and it is strictly forbidden to look up at the ceiling or down at your feet while engaging your core. Now, you have to slowly drop down your squatting position until your legs are at parallel position, which totally depends on the mobility of your body. Then you have to come back to the starting position by squeezing your quads and glutes, which will help you to stand back up.
Cables or the weights?
The comparison of the exercise form is tougher, but there is a difference about which is comfortable in performing. The cable squat machine provides more comfort while using for exercise and it is considered as one of the best tool to build your strength to improve your form. The cable machine put fewer loads on your body while pulling or pushing the weight with cables. Sometimes people consider cable squat as beneficial by raising the motion throughout the whole process of exercising in comparison to barbell squats. The cable machine is beneficial in adding more muscle fibres through the entire time of exercising. In addition, both exercises has different beneficial factor to improve fitness of your health, which also adds up more content to your fitness in the long run.
This information is for people who have scheduled their every minute to maintain their fitness. People often make mistakes, which mostly happens unknowingly and this describes how people commit common mistakes during squatting. It does not matter that you are exercising with cable machine or trying barbell squat, as sometimes these mistakes happens such as:
- People make mistake when they lift their heels up from the floor while standing back up. The method is to drive with the help of your heels while standing up. This trick helps you to stabilize and to stabilize the weight that you are pulling and pushing, which also stimulates and activates your glute and complex muscles.
- While the squatting position, if possible then keep your depth lower or parallel. Being at parallel position, your muscles will be activated and maximize their flexibility in lower body, which means that your hips joint should go lower from the knee point. The activation of glute muscles are dependent on the process of exercising the squat position and how much deeper you can squat. In case you are facing troubles to hit the exact depth of squat position then you might face poor flexibility and mobility, tight hip flexors, ankle mobility, poor pelvic alignment, and weak core or glutes.
- The most common mistake people made is they get the posture wrong. The posture must be on its exact point like keep your shoulders back and keep the chest up. Do not look down at your feet and up at the ceiling; avoid resting while in position; avoid hyper extending the limit of your back. The position of your spine should be in neutral position throughout the process, which is a better way to move forward for healthier exercise and avoid mistakes.
Top 10 Cable Machine Exercises to build up glute and leg muscles
The cable machine is in trend, as it lightens the load of pulling and pushing the weight. The cable machine helps you to build up every muscle in your body, which you will easily find in any gym. The cable machine is also used to build up chest area, abs, and triceps, which only raises the question about legs and glutes. There is another known exercise that is cable squat rows or known as row squats used especially in gym to build up abs, calves, hamstrings biceps, quadriceps and to work on your middle back. Here, we will talk about how cable machine is helpful to build the legs and glute muscles, and what are the exercises you can try out in your fitness schedule such as:
- Cable Squats:
The cable squat exercise helps you to work on your quads, hamstrings, glutes with proper instructions to follow such as:
- The first step will be attaching a narrow grip handle or straight bar to the bottom of the cable machine.
- Hold your handle on the expanded arms, and exclude the cable out in a few steps.
- Keep your body posture right and push your hips back while keeping your weights on your heels, then bend your knees, and now squat down.
- You have to stop at the time of your thighs are equally parallel to the ground, and then you have to hold for a second or two in the same position.
- Now you slowly try standing back straight up, and before you go for next count down, squeeze your glutes hard at the time of movement.
- The recommended repetition is 12 to 15 times for one time process.
- Cable Alternating Step Ups:
The muscles worked in this exercise are VMO, Gutes, calves, quads, and the instructions are:
- The first step in this exercise will be placing the bench or box in front of the cable machine and placing it on exact height where you will find it easy to exercise. Place the box or table according to your position and place your foot on the available equipment, and where your thigh should be parallel to the ground.
- The next step is to attach the handle on each side at the bottom of the cable machine, and then hold in each hand.
- Extend your arms holding the cables, and then step on the box or table and place your weaker leg first. Make sure to keep your chest up and spine neutral while doing the exercise.
- You have to push in the middle of the foot until you step on to the table or bench. Reaching at this stage, you should be standing on both of your legs on the bench.
- Now step back and come down, then start again with the same process, but with different foot.
- This exercise can also be performed with one leg at a time, which depends on the amount of your rep in each leg.
- Cable Pull Through:
This exercise involves the building up of the hamstrings and glute muscles. Here are the instructions to perform the exercise such as:
- You have to attach a rope handle at the bottom of the cable machine.
- Now hold the rope handle, and then step on to the cable in a manner that it should be in between your legs. Stand in a way that your back faces the cable machine.
- Move few steps ahead, which will make some space to work out.
- Extend your arms, and then stand straight with holding the handles in your hand.
- Keep your spine neutral and bend your knees, then slight hinge at the hips. Allow your hands to drive through your legs and then behind you. At this point, you should feel a little stretch in your hamstrings.
- From this point, you have to engage your glute muscles and then pull back to the standing position with squeezing at the time of the movement.
- Do not stand for much longer before going for next round of exercise.
- Cable Romanian Deadlifts:
In this exercise, the muscles are worked up is glutes and hamstrings. Here are the instructions on how to perform this such as:
- Join the straight bar handle at the bottom setting on the cable machine.
- You have to hold the bar according to the width of your shoulder with an overhand grip.
- Stand on your feet according to the width of your hips, and exclude the cable out.
- Now you have to start by standing in a straight posture, then hold the bar and extend your arms with holding the weight on your heels.
- Slightly bend your knees with a neutral spine, and then push your waist area backwards (hips) along with lowering your chest downwards at the point of your feet, and keep your bar towards the cable machine, as it creates stretch into your hamstrings.
- Use your hamstrings and glut muscles to stand back up at the starting position.
- You have to remember the process of squeezing your glutes before stating the next round.
- Cable Calf Raises:
In this exercise your calves are worked out, and here are some of the instructions to follow the steps to gain cable benefit such as:
- The first step will be placing weight plate or step in front of the cable machine, which will help you to stand on it with proper balance.
- Joint the straight bar handle at the bottom settings of the cable machine.
- Keep your face towards the cable machine and place the feet’s front on the weight plate or step along with holding the bar with extended arms.
- Now you have to put down your heels towards the ground, then you have to push up the toe’s tips till your calves are in total contract.
- Do not spend too much time during lower position, and come back up at starting position by pushing straight. Your maximum focus should be your calves.
- Cable Single Deadlifts:
The muscles that are worked out in this exercise are hamstrings, adductors, and glutes. Here are some of the instructions that will help you follow the proper steps to gain perfect aim such as:
- The first step will be attaching the handle at the bottom settings of the cable machine.
- This might be critical to understand, but you have to do it properly. Now hold the cable properly with extended arms, which should be in opposite hand to the working leg.
- Now try standing up while keeping your foot close together and then hinge forward from the hips with keeping your one leg on the ground and the other one behind you with keeping your spin posture neutral.
- Your core should be engaged, which will assist the balance.
- You leg should go up in order to face your chest down to complete the exercise.
- Now your aim should be keeping your back and floating leg parallel to the ground, and this should be done before you engage your glute squeeze and coming back up to the starting position.
- Keep the process steady and slow, and before you change sides, do all of them on one leg.
- Cable Squat Walk-Outs:
In this exercise the muscles that are worked out and build up are glutes, hamstrings, and quads. Here are the instructions to do this exercise with proper steps such as:
- Joint the straight bar handle or rope handle at the bottom of the cable machine, which need not to be all the way down necessarily.
- Hold the cable joint with extended arms, and then walk few steps out.
- Hold the squat position and then hold it for a while maintain the neutral spine position, lift your chest up, then take six steps back, then next up take six steps forward.
- Make sure to keep the weight on your heels while taking steps for glute engagement, and also try not to collapse your knees inwards.
- The back and forward, each way is counted as one round or repetition.
- Cable Reverse Lunge:
In this exercise, the muscles that get worked are quads and gludes. Here are some of the instructions to follow the proper steps for better results such as:
- The first step is to attaching rope handle to cable machine at the bottom settings.
- Your back should be facing cable machine with your head swivel under the cable, which will keep the cable behind your head and you hands will be above of your shoulders.
- Walk few steps out of the way, so that you will be able to perform reverse lunge with enough space.
- Keep your legs ready to start with the width of your shoulder, then take much steps backward, then bend your knees, and then lower yourself downwards to the ground.
- During the lunges, you have to make sure that your chest is up and weight is on the heels of your front foot.
- Then start the whole process again by getting back into position and then revise the process on same leg.
- Cable Assisted Pistol Squat:
In this exercise your calves, glute, and quad muscles will be worked out. Here are the instructions to follow the steps for proper formation of exercise:
- Joint the narrow grip at the top of the cable machine to exercise the cable assisted pistol squat, which can be attached to the height of your waist (in matter of unassisted squat training or doing cable squats at home).
- Now you have to pull the handle in your chest direction, but first stand few steps away from the cable machine.
- Start the push squat with one leg lowering down, and then come back up in standing position with the help of your heels.
- You have to complete all repetition round on one leg before changing the exercise process with the other leg.
- Cable Front Squat:
In this exercise, you get to work out on your hamstrings, quads, and glute muscles. Here are the instructions to follow all the steps to perform perfect steps such as:
- Joint the straight bar handle to the cable machine at the bottom setting.
- Your face should be facing cable machine, then hold the handle with an underhand grip.
- Pull the handle, which should be facing your chest upwards in which the position of your hands will be by collar bones, and the bar will be going across your chest.
- Now you have to set your core and push it back up and down in a squat posture while grasping the bar opposite to your chest.
- You have to hold at the bottom positioning, then you have to push back up with the help of your heels, and come back up in standing posture, and yes through squeezing the glute muscle at the time of the movement.
The cable machine is known for underdeveloped leg and glute muscles via using cable squat attachment. There are fewer exercises known for lower body exercise to utilize through cable machine. Most of the above mentioned exercises will affect the major leg muscles in your body.
Here are some of the added instructions for leg and glute cable workout to ease your timing confusion such as:
- Spilt the workout into three sets (supersets).
- Before moving forward to the next round, you have to perform three rounds on each set (superset).
- Exercise with followed steps of one after two, and hardly rest between them.
- You can rest for 60 seconds during the set and superset.
SET 1: Cable
- Cable Step up.
- Front squat.
- Cable Single leg deadlifts.
- Calf raises.
- Squat walk outs.
- Reverse Lunges.
Cable squat, squat with cable machine, cable squat machine, cable squat rack, cable front squat, squat with cable row, cable squat to row, cable squat row, cable goblet squat, cable sumo squat, cable hack squat, cable squat pull through, squat on cable machine, cable banded squat push outs, cable split squat, squat using cable machine, cable crossover squat, cable squat at home, cable squat bar, cable squat walk, cable squat and row, cable squat belt, cable and squat rack, cable squats at home, cable sissy squat, cable machine squat row, cable squat exercise, cable squat attachment, cable belt squat machine, cable squat press, cable machine squat rack.